It was always thought that performing laser procedures during summer was not recommended, however if you are interested in having a gynaecological laser treatment, this can be done at any time of the year.
As with all laser techniques, certain recommendations must be followed during the days that follow the treatment, and these will vary in accordance with the type of treatment performed and the instructions provided by the attending physician. In the case of a vaginal laser procedure, our recommendations are as follows:
- Do not have sex involving penetration.
- Avoid trauma to the area which can be caused by, for example, cycling or horse riding.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing.
- Do not expose yourself to sources of heat such as a sauna, spa or jacuzzi, or bathe yourself in water.
- Avoid strenuous exercise.
- Avoid impact sports and lifting anything heavy.
These recommendations must be complied with during the first five days after each treatment session. The interval between sessions will be 4-6 weeks and will depend on the appropriate medical criteria for each patient.